Like it says, its Monday and the skies look clear and blue if you don't look lower and see the inversion that we have had for a week and will be hear for the rest of this week. WEll, at least I don't have to shovel it.
Yesterday I was confirmed as a Primary teacher for the 8 year old children. It's been a few years since I taught kids but they are eariser for me than teaching adults. Our Primary isn't very big but we have some new kids that will be joining the older kids in Primary soon and a few new borns joining the throng. I think that I was ready for a new calling in the ward because I wasn't really involved in the adult class and the Family History center was not drawing me because of my involvement in transcribing my Mother's journal.
It makes me realize how much of my mother's life I didn't really know about after I left home at 17 years of age.
Last night was the Jordan River Temple Devotional in the Conference Center. In two years I have never made it to a devotional, because I forget about it mostly. But one of my ward members, Karen, reminded me about it and had an extra ticket and a ride with her and two other ladies. So, I went and it was beautiful. If you don't know how big the conference center is just go and see it and then see that our Temple workers and family and friends didn't even fill the lower level more than half way. And we have lots of Temple workers at the Jordan River Temple. And the choir was also made up of Temple workers. WE will lose 1300 of them to the new Draper Temple in March. Then later this year the other Temple on the southwest side of the valley will be openning.
Last Thursday I was working in the washing, anointng and clothing area and a women was in our booth and she looked familiar and we just thought it was because she had been coming to the temple a lot. Then Friday when I went to the Library to return some books, there she was and she asked me if I was a Temple worker and I said yes and we talked a few minutes. And guess what, Sunday I passed her in the hallway at Church and we laughed about the whole thing.
I talked to my friend, Marguerite on Saturday and she mentioned she had gone to the Temple and was in an endowment session and thought it was boring. She hasn't been in the Temple for a long time. So, I told her to do the washing, anointing and clothing and then go right on to the endowment session and maybe that would help her not be bored. But I think it could be that its been so long since we went last that she can't feel the spirit just now.
Well, thats about it for now, have a good week.
leadfoot gma
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment